tisdag 9 juni 2009

Service Registry Manifesto

How should you go about creating a service registry? I've been working on this recently and the more I dig into it, the more I agree with the ideas expressed by Martin Fowler when he wrote about a Humane Registry.

Inspired by this article and also the Agile Manifesto I came up with a service registry manifesto. Namely, we should value:

  • clarity and conciseness over detail and completeness
  • flexibility and expandability over specification and planned structure
  • integration with existing sources over creation of new content
  • encouragement of use over contractual restrictions

That is, while there is value in the items on the right, we value the items on the left more.

Coincidentaly, after I created my manifesto, MF himself gave his seal of approval for using this type of list when he blogged on Comparative Values.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar